Monday, April 28, 2014

So Many Donations!

I spent my day canvasing last friday, I received many no's. But, I also received a good number of yes's. Knowing we are trying to avoid gift cards I tried to push towards other things, but if a gift card was all they were willing to give I didn't say no. So in all I have a $10 gift card to Cy's Swimwear, a $50 gift card to a boutique that not only sells merchandise but also does tanning and waxing, a pair of sun glasses, a silent auction alcohol (yet to be determined what kind), and 4 tickets to an Orioles game (10th row behind the O's dugout). I also spoke to a few companies that needed to discuss with the owner before they could give me any final answer, there were a few food donations that seemed very promising! I will be following up with these businesses later in the week.

As well as canvasing I also contacted a local printing company about our brochures, she is quoting the final price for us and is looking into 100% recycled paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment