Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gardens on Main Street?

I would like to try and stick with my plan. and work the garden into the "Main Street" idea. I feel like the garden is an important part of the community and should have a place in the event.

At the event people could make paint panels for the garden's fence. We could have student ambassadors from the elementary school come and participate at the event.

My positions on this project will not only be Budget Manager but I would also like to be able to go into the schools and work with the students before the event and help with set-up and clean-up.

For my research project I would like to discover the history of the area, specifically the water front property. For this I will need to get access to old zoning records, deeds, old company records, housing records, etc. I would like my project to be more like a social history project for the Brooklyn/ Curtis Bay area waterfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment